Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Simple Flower Pot Cake


I recently made this Flower Pot cake. It turned out alright, but I learned a lot about what not to do!! First of all, when I do it again, I'll use fondant instead of butter cream icing. I prefer using butter cream because I can throw a cake together so quickly with it. For me, fondant takes longer, but with this cake I think it would have turned out much better.
It really wasn't that difficult. I just put together a staked cake, only upside down, and trimmed the cake edges to keep it smooth. I tried to construct a lip around the top by keeping the top layer a little larger than the next layer, but I didn't allow for the icing and it wasn't enough to really notice, so I just smoothed it out.
And I used silk flowers, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment