Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thomas The Train Birthday Cake


Peyton turned two this month. It's hard to believe! Time really does fly!

Peyton is into trains at this stage of his life, namely, Thomas the Train. So there was no other option for his cake!

Here's what I came up with:




Not to be outdone by her cousin's second birthday party, little January decided she wanted to arrive in time for the party! Things didn't go quite as planned, however, and she arrived later in the evening after the party was over.




But I still had to make the cake with her mommy and daddy in the hospital. So this was a really rushed cake. And easy!!

For this cake, I used whipped frosting purchased at Sam's. I tinted the frosting for the top tier blue for the sky and the bottom tier brown. The hills, trees, shrubs, clouds and flag are all made of craft foam. The trains are all from Peyton's collection. For the number 2, I painted a wood number red, then hot glued a dowel to it and pushed it down into the cake. I told you it was easy!! My kind of cake.




Happy 2nd Birthday, Peyton!!


1 comment:

  1. Aw look at his little face! What a cutie! I hope my boys have this reaction (but they will probably just point and laugh and ask "what's that meant to be Mum?!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete