Sunday, February 1, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Cake Minus The Green!


I did this cake for a first birthday party this weekend. The party theme was Strawberry Shortcake. My customer said there wasn't any green in the decorations she was using, so she wanted me to leave it out on the cake. Strawberry Shortcake without green??? So I did what she wanted, only to find out when I got there that she just thought there wasn't any green!! In my opinion, it would have been much cuter had it included green dots and stripes. Oh, well.

Once again, due to my flight being cancelled because of the ice storm in our part of the world, I lost a day in my week and that was the one day I had to do my fondant. So, I had to improvise. The dots, stripes and letters are made from craft foam. The curlies around the bottom and on top are curled ribbon. The customer provided the candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment