Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Kind of Deal!

I picked up these neat metal wall hangings at Hobby Lobby a few months back for $4.00 each. They were clearanced because they were missing the diamond shaped tiles that were supposed to be in the diamon-shaped openings.




For that price I couldn't pass them up! I knew I could come up with something.




I was going to have amber colored glass cut into the shape and size I needed, but I happened to be at Lowe's one day and found the little rectangle pieces on clearance. They're mirror add-ons. They were kind of a putty color. I got them for something like .42 cents each, brought them home and they were a perfect fit!




So I painted them with black craft paint, then aged them with terra cotta and bronze craft paint. I then used a little of the bronze and terra cotta on the whole wall hanging to pull it all together.




Here's the finished result! I absolute love them. And no one who has looked closely at them knew they were refurbished. (The only thing I didn't do was take pictures before I started! Gotta work on that!)


Definitely my kind of deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment