Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Elegant Diamond Wedding Cake


Here's what I did while in California this week!!



Kind of.

It was actually a joint effort. Because my niece's wedding was two hours away from where she lives, my sister opted to go with a "fake" cake. Except for the bottom tier, which another of my nieces made and delivered.

My sister purchased 8", 10", 12" and 14" Styrofoam cake forms, which we then covered with Wilton fondant. When the bottom 16" arrived, I stacked the fake tiers on the real tier, added the ribbon and "diamonds" and that was it.

Simple elegance!!



Here's a sheet cake I put together, continuing the "diamond" theme.



Congratulations, Mr.& Mrs. Brett Mooneyham!! Love you both!







1 comment:

  1. You all did a wonderful job on the cake!!! It was THE classiest wedding cake I've saw in a while!!!

    ReplyDelete