Friday, April 22, 2011

Tea Party Time!

My youngest sister turned forty last week. She wanted to celebrate with something simple, so I hosted a Tea Party for the ladies of our family. It was so much fun!


Our menu was Turkey & Wild Rice Soup, Spring Salad with Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Egg Salad Sandwiches, Scones with fresh Lemon Curd and decorated sugar cookies. Oh, and hot tea of course!!


I chose to use my grandmother's china which I inherited when she passed away.




Isn't it a beautiful pattern?





I also used this milkglass depression glass platter. It belonged to my great-grandmother who recieved it as a gift from my other great-grandmother after their home was destroyed by a fire! Quite a lot of history in that platter! My great-grandmother had given it to my great-aunt, but when my grandmother left the remainder of the set to me, my great-aunt decided I should have the platter as well. As you can imagine, I don't use it very often!




Here's the table all set and ready.





I forgot to take pics of the food, but here are some of the cookies I made and decorated, with the help of my sister and sister-in-law, for the occassion.



I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Becca!!




No comments:

Post a Comment