Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chocolate Wasted Cake!!





I've been dying to try this cake ever since I saw this post over at Art of Dessert! So here's my version.

My nephew, who can never get a cake that is chocolaty enough, asked me to make his 20th birthday cake. I knew exactly which cake I was going to try!




I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa instead of regular cocoa. Wow!!

I did cut one cup of cocoa out of the frosting though, since I used the dark. I was afraid it was going to be a "Death By Chocolate" cake!


Here are a few of the cupcakes:







How would I rate this recipe?

It was a more dense cake that I prefer, but the people at the party who prefer a dense cake loved it! My husband was one of them.

I'd say Peyton enjoyed his too!! Check out those chocolate eyes!!



Happy Birthday, James!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I get dizzy just looking at these pictures and even 'wasted' when i went to the site you mentioned, art of dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't her blog awesome???? I think it's the first blog I followed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes absolutely! Art of Dessert is well written without pretense or trying-hard-thing. She is simply an honest-to-goodness Mom sharing beautiful ideas with us. Thank you for letting me know of the blog. You are so gracious yourself.
    I got caught up in the crazy weather we had here in the Northeast and it's just now that I am able to visit and take a couple of more looks (more like drooling stares) at the chocolate wasted cake. I will try this for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete