Monday, October 3, 2011

How Does Your Sewing Machine Sew????


A couple months back, I purchased a Singer 4423 Heavy Duty machine. My old Singer machine which I used for over twenty-two years, finally kicked the bucket. I spent some time looking at different machines and finally decided on this one.



As it turns out, it may not have been a wise decision. I'm now on my second one!

The first one had some trouble with "birdnesting" but I could usually work with it and it would do alright. But then last night, something inside snapped and it wouldn't work at all!! So I returned it and exchanged it for the same model.

Big mistake!!

I have been trying to sew the same seem for at least three hours!! This is a sample of what is happening.



I have tried re-threading it, top and bottom, at least a dozen times. I have re-wound the bobbin, I have tried every tension setting. I have adjusted everything there is to adjust. I've read and re-read the instruction manual. Now I've decided, "Who needs this?" Even if I get it working like it's supposed to, who's to say I won't have to go through this EVERY time I sew? It shouldn't be that hard, should it?

I don't have time for this! This little outfit should have been done hours ago!! I have another just like it still to make!!


Instead, I will make yet another trip to the store and return yet another machine.

I think I'll go for a cheapie this time.

Oh, by the way, after the fact I looked up this machine online. Turns out a lot of seamstresses are having the very same trouble!!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. I am looking to purchase a new machine myself soon. Now I know what NOT to get.

    ReplyDelete