Sunday, January 4, 2009

Simple Flower Cake


Here's another cake I made for another granddaughter's birthday this summer!
With this party, there was no theme other than bright-colored napkins and plates with a vibrant balloon design. I had a short amount of time to decorate, so I went to the store with an open mind. These vibrant flowers jumped out at me so I bought them on impulse thinking I could incorporate them somehow with the table decorations. This is what I came up with instead.
With a cake like this, you could use several different colors of plates and napkins separately or mixed together.
This cake was made using a ten inch cake for the bottom and a six inch cake for the top. I used the push-in type pillars for the top layer. Both cakes were iced with standard white buttercream icing. I put a shell border around the bottom of both cakes, though you couldn't see it after I added the flowers. I used ribbon in coordinating colors on each layer to finish it off.
This is just another idea of a simple cake a beginner decorator can put together rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment