Monday, February 28, 2011

Cinderella Cake

This cake was my first attempt at making a Cinderella Slipper! I have to say it was quite an experience.




First of all, as I found out after searching the Internet for tips, I found out that the shoe should have been made at least a week in advance in order to have plenty of time to dry. I made it two days before I needed it!




So then, since it wasn't dry, I had to get creative to give it enough support so that it didn't split in two on the cake. That's where a empty 2 liter Dr. Pepper bottle came in handy! The front part of the shoe is resting on plastic from that bottle. I didn't get any pics of that because by that time I was too stressed to even think about taking pictures!!

Here are a few pics I took while I was making the shoe. It shows a few of the different stages.








These pics were taken after the shoe was painted with white pearl dust.







My daughter came up with the idea of putting the birthday girl's name on the shoe.




I wanted to incorporate the pink sash in some way other than just laying it on the cake board. I like how this turned out.






The pearls and buttons are made of fondant.




And the magic wand!! I made it out of a straw, ribbon, a string of beads and feathers.




This was actually a very fun cake to make!! I'm hoping one of my granddaughters will decide they want a Cinderella cake for their next birthday!




Happy 1st Birthday, Rylie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment