Saturday, February 19, 2011

Glaze Recipe Revisited

I posted here about the glaze recipe I used. I thought I'd give an update since I've started using a different variation. Same ingredients, just a thicker version.

The original recipe is a lot thinner. In order to do the detail work, it had to be thickened by adding powdered sugar.

With this version, I use the same recipe to outline, fill and detail. I got this version Cookie Crazie's blog. I love her cookies!!

Recipe
(This recipe is doubled. I rarely make a single batch)

2 lbs powdered sugar
1/2 c white corn syrup
1/2 c water (I add gradually until I get to the consistency I'm looking for)
1 - 2 t flavoring

Mix ingredients together until smooth, holding a little water until the proper consistency is achieved. To get the correct consistency, peak with your finger. It should go smooth in 10 seconds (see Cookie Crazie's 10 second rule). Divide and color as desired.

I use bags and tips to outline, fill and detail. Most often I use tip #'s 2 and 3. Sometimes I use #4 or 5 to fill if the cookie is large.

I recently found this tutorial that has made cleanup a dream come true!! Keep watching until you see how she fills her bags.

Happy cookie making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment