Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lemon Curd Recipe

A customer asked for my Lemon Curd recipe so I decided to post it here. This recipe is not original to me - I found it at ArtofDessert.blogspot.com. Most of her recipes have been amazing.

Lemon Curd

1 tbsp. unflavored gelatin with 3 tbsp. water
3/4 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon (or 2 tsp. of natural lemon flavoring, or 1 tsp. lemon extract)
4 large eggs
1-3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes

In a small bowl, sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the water. Set aside. Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, sugar and butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat then add the unflavored gelatin. Mix until the gelatin is dissolved completely. Refrigerate for a few hours before using.

Notes:
I beat the eggs lightly before adding them. I also pour the hot curd through a strainer before letting it cool. Doing this will give you a smoother curd.

Enjoy!!

For the past few weeks, I have been lightly toasting a slice of my homemade bread, lightly buttering it and then spreading it with a couple teaspoons of the lemon curd.

Absolutely delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment