Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Melancholy Evening At Home

Well, it's finally happened.

Reality has set in.

I can tell this empty nest is going to take some getting used to. So much for hoping to get past it without feeling any pain.

My in-laws left for California today, the last of our family who came out for our son Nathan's wedding, to leave. That was bad for my delicate mood. I've been on the verge of tears all evening.

I kept busy most of the evening framing a picture of one of the granddaughters - I found a really good deal on a custom frame at Michaels. But that's another post.

And Nathan even stopped by for a few minutes to visit, which helped, temporarily.

But then he started telling about what all he and Jen did today, getting ready to leave for Vanuatu. And how anxious he is to be gone. And how they hope to be gone by November. Not what I needed to hear!

Did I mention that I hate empty nests?

It's all part of the process of life, I know, but I really dislike this stage!

On a brighter note, we did find out today that we're going to be the grandparents of a grandSON come January!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a few years before the empty nest hits...but I imagine it won't be all splendor either. :)
    Congratulations about that grandSON!!! LOL!
    By the way, I absolutely LOVE your blog background!

    ReplyDelete