Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nate & Jen's Wedding

Here are some pictures of Nathan & Jennifer's wedding cakes.



Jennifer wanted her cake to resemble a stack of gifts. Here's a more close up view:



Nathan's groom's cake is a depiction of an island. The couple will be living on the island of Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu, for two years after they raise their support. They hope to leave by October, or at the latest January 2010.



The bottom layer is the ocean and sky. The middle layer is the beach and the top layer is the island, complete with coconut trees and a grass hut. Hopefully, their living conditions won't be quite so rustic!

On the groom's cake, I used craft foam instead of fondant since I didn't know what kind of kitchen facilities I would be working in. Smart move!!

I used pre-made whipped frosting on both cakes. This was the first time I used it on such a large scale, and again, I used it because I didn't know what my working conditions would be. If I had it to do over again, I would probably use the traditional buttercream since I had some problems working with the pre-made frosting, mainly because I'm not accustomed to it.

But the bride and groom were happy, and that's what matters most to me.

Congratulations, Nathan & Jennifer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment