Sunday, August 9, 2009

And Then There Were Two

We arrived back home this evening after a very busy wedding weekend. The wedding was beautiful and went of without a hitch. Well, my three year old granddaughter, Nicole, refused to walk down the isle in front of all those people, so I guess that was a bit of a hitch. But her daddy stepped in and carried her, so all was well.

And somewhere in all the traveling I lost my camera, so I don't have a single picture of the wedding to post. My niece was the photographer, so I'll get her to download some shots to my computer when I see her later this week.

The house seemed so quiet when we arrived home. And Nate's room already has that un-lived in (is that even a word?) feeling. How is that possible after only four days? I think it's all in my head.

But I won't have to deal with the empty nest thing for at least a few more days since my in-laws are here from California. And I'll be busy the next few days unpacking and putting away, so I can avoid it even longer. And then I'll have to catch up on work next week, so before I know it I'll be weeks into my empty nest and won't even realize it!!

Okay, I'm suffering from severe exhaustion, so I'm going to bed now.

Oh, by the way, I found my camera in the truck on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment