Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pink & Black Western Theme Wedding Cake



My daughter, Ruth, and I made this wedding cake for a girl from our church this past weekend.

The wedding was gorgeous! A bit warm, but gorgeous! The forecast called for thunderstorms, but all we had was heat. The cake actually started drooping! Didn't get a shot of that though. I actually stayed back by the cake during the wedding so I could prop it up or something if it decided to let go.

All's well that ends well, although we did get them to do the cake pics a b

it earlier than planned!

I thought I'd throw in a picture of the bride getting out of the buggy that delivered her to her wedding. Shows the theme.




I put my Cricut Cake to good use for this cake! I'm really loving that little machine.






The bride wanted this pic on the cake. I had several ideas of what to do, none of which worked out. First, I was going to try to cut it out of rolled gum paste, but decided that would be too difficult. Then, I tried to have it printed onto edible paper, but the place that tried to do it couldn't do the size I needed so that was out. So in the end I printed it, then covered it with clear contact paper. Not the best way I'm sure, but it worked!!




It was an absolutely beautiful wedding! Congratulations, Charity & Bretley!!




No comments:

Post a Comment