Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fancy Light Swith Plates

Recently, I was browsing through blogs, checking out all the neat ideas, and I came across this DIY Coasters blog on The How-To Gal’s site. She makes a neat coaster by attaching a napkin to a ceramic tile using Mod Podge, then coating it with polyurethane.
What a neat idea!!
I didn't have any tile or old coasters to work with, so I got to thinking, "Why not do this on my light switch plates???"
So I tried it. It was simple and they look fabulous!!


Livingroom light swith before:

Livingroom light swith after:
I used a red napkin since I have a lot of red accents in the room.


A close-up of the finished product:



This is just after I attached the napkin to the plate. I brushed on the Mod Podge, then carefully pressed the napkin on. It crinkled up a bit - but it just added some texture.



Kitchen light switch before:



Kitchen light swith after:


On this one, I applied another layer of Mod Podge instead of the polyurethane. I can't tell much difference, but we'll see if it holds up as well.


Now I can't wait to make some coasters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment